Midterm Election 2018
State Wide Endorsements
US Senate Representative
Kevin de León
Secretary of State
Betty T. Yee
Superintendent of Public Instruction
State Senate District
State Assembly District
Costa Mesa City Council
Garden Grove City Council
Hon. Thu-Ha Nguyen
Huntington Beach City Council
Westminster City Council
Coast Community College District
Garden Grove Unified SD
Huntington Beach Union High School District
Diana Lee Carey
Los Alamitos Unified School District
Westminster School District
Orange County Water District
Midway City Sanitary District
Hon. Sergio Contreras
1. Authorizes Bonds to Fund Specified Housing Assistance Programs.
2. Authorizes Bonds to Fund Existing Housing Program
for Individuals with Mental Illness.
3. Authorizes Bonds to Fund Projects for Water Supply and
Quality, Watershed, Fish, Wildlife, Water Conveyance, and
Groundwater Sustainability and Storage.
FOLLOW YOUR HEART
4. Authorizes Bonds Funding Construction at
Hospitals Providing Children’s Health Care.
5. Changes Requirements for Certain Property Owners to
Transfer their Property Tax Base to Replacement Property.
6. Eliminates Certain Road Repair and Transportation Funding.
Requires Certain Fuel Taxes and Vehicle Fees
be Approved by The Electorate.
7. Conforms California Daylight Saving Time to Federal Law.
Allows Legislature to Change Daylight Saving Time Period.
8. Regulates Amounts Outpatient Kidney Dialysis Clinics
Charge for Dialysis Treatment.
10. Expands Local Governments’ Authority to
Enact Rent Control on Residential Property.
11. Requires Private-Sector Emergency Ambulance Employees to
Remain On-Call During Work Breaks.
Eliminates Certain Employer Liability.
12. Establishes New Standards for Confinement of Specified Farm Animals;
Bans Sale of Noncomplying Products.